1. Which company’s name is derived from ‘Voice Data and Phone’?
2. The title of Colonel Harland Sander’s autobiography is “Life As I Have Known It Has Been Finger Lickin’ Good”. But he is not famous for his book but something else. What is he famous for?
Ans. KFC(Kentucky Fried Chicken).
3. What is bacn(bacon) mail?
Ans. Bacn (pronounced like bacon) is email that has been subscribed to and is therefore solicited (unlike email spam is), but is often not read by the recipient for a long period of time. Bacn has been described as “email you want but not right now”.
4. The book ‘From Bankruptcy to Billions’ by Sudhir Kumar & Shagun Mehrotra is the story of the turnaround of which Indian Organizations?
Ans. Indian Railways
5. Which multiplex chain has in-house food and beverage counter called ‘Refuel’?
6. ‘Billion Beats’ is an e-newspaper started by which famous Indian?
Ans. Former President of India Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
7. It is a British multinational corporation, with headquarters in Rocester, Staffordshire, manufacturing equipment for construction, demolition and agriculture. It is the world’s third-largest construction equipment manufacturer. Founded in 1945 by Joseph Cyril Bamford, after whom it is named; it continues to be owned by the Bamford family. In the UK it is often used colloquially as a generic description for mechanical diggers and excavators and now appears in the Oxford English Dictionary, although it is still held as a trademark.
8. What is the significance of Area 71?
Ans. Area 71 is the title for Wal-Mart‘s 125,000-sq-foot datacenter which is located in Caverna, Missouri near the Arkansas border(U.S.) The datacenter has a supposed capacity of over 460 terabytes of data. Area 71 is built directly on top of bedrock which gives it maximum strength to withstand many natural and man made disasters. It is also self-sufficient with generators and the capability to retain data link with the Wal-Mart network using copper wire, fiber optic cable, or satellite communications.
Wal-Mart also uses Area 71 to control many functions of Wal-Mart stores. This includes turning the lights on and off, adjusting the climate control, and playing the in store music. Also run from the data center is the computer system that employees use to “clock in” at each location and also provides email to keep employees informed of events that are pertinent to their job function.
9. 4810 is a recurring theme in the products of which company? What is the logic behind the number 4810?
Ans. Mont Blanc(Manufacturer of Writing equipments, Watches and Jwellery). 4810 comes from the height of the peak Mont Blanc(4810 m). It is the highest mountain in the Alps and the European Union.
10. Jean-Baptiste-Say coined which word first in about 1800 meaning “one who undertakes an enterprise”?