Let’s start with some startling facts 🙂
Did you know?
1. Because the cinema industry was still considered a low profession in the 40s, music director Naushad was introduced by his parents to his bride as a tailor. And ironically the music that played in his ‘baraat’ was from ‘Rattan(1944)’ that had been composed by him.
2. Bollywood actress Kalki Koechlin’s great-grandfather Maurice Koechlin, was the Chief engineer for the construction of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, and also the iconic Statue of Liberty
3. Ashok Kumar was a lab assistant in Bombay Talkies before he became an actor in 1936.
The Quiz begins here:
Q 1. Who was India’s first female film director?
Q 2. Identify this actor
– He was born on 14 March 1965 in Mumbai to Tahir Hussain, a film producer, and Zeenat Hussain.
– He is related to the Indian freedom fighter and philosopher Abul Kalam Azad who is his great-grand uncle through his grandmother.
– He had also participated in the demonstrations put up by the Narmada Bachao Andolan committee with their leader Medha Patkar after the Gujarat government’s decision to raise the height of the Narmada dam.
– He was honoured by the Government of India with the Padma Shri in 2003 and the Padma Bhushan in 2010.
Q 3. Two films share the distinction of being the longest duration Hindi films. Name the films. One of them is also the first Hindi film to have two intervals instead of one.
Q 4. Which film had the maximum number of British actors ever to be cast in a single movie in the history of Bollywood cinema?
Q 5. Which Bollywood film is the longest running Indian film in cinemas? It has recently completed it’s 700 weeks.
Q 6. Which was the first indigenously made colour film of India?
Q 7. Which Indian film has the distinction of having the maximum number of songs?
Q 8. Which is India’s first 3D film?
Q 9. Which is the longest Hindi film song. It is a song of more than 20 minutes. The song is sung by Sonu Nigam, Udit Narayan, and Kailash Kher and is written by Sameer. The music of the song is composed by Anu Malik.
Q 10.Which Bollywood film was added to the Guinness Book of World Records 2002 edition for winning the most number of awards for a movie. The movie won a total of 92 awards!
Ans 1. Fatima Begum, Bulbul-e-Paristan was directed by her in 1926.
Ans 2. Aamir Khan
Ans 3. Mera Naam Joker/LOC Kargil (255 min each). Mera Naam Joker was the first Hindi film to have two intervals.
A still from Mera Naam Joker
Ans 4. Lagaan
Ans 5. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge has become a milestone, which is yet to be achieved by anyone even after a decade. It has completed 700 weeks of undeterred run at Mumbai’s Minnerva theatre a couple of years back. It was released nationwide on October 20, 1995.
Ans 6. Kisan Kanya was the first colour film made in India.
Ans 7. Indra Sabha with 71 songs is the film with most number of songs. The film was made in 1932 and the director of the film was J.J. Madan.
Ans 8. Chhota-Chetan – The film was made under the banner of Navodaya Films in 1984. Chota Chetan was a huge box office success and earned around Rs 60 crore during 1984-85.
Ans 9. Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Sathiyon from the movie with the same name.
Ans 10. Kaho Na Pyaar Hai